I use the title mostly tongue-in-cheek, because it amuses me endlessly to compare pet battles in anyway to raiding. I spent my lunch doing just what the title suggests: identifying what the “best” pets are. By “best” (and I use quotation marks because this is based on only ONE set of factors) I am speaking to pets with the most stat points.
I have spent far too much time over the past two days going over Breed IDs and what this means to my current team.
I want the fastest, most powerful, highest survival team I can have. For that, one thing I need is high stats! First of all, that means Rare quality pets, since this is the highest available to us at the moment. But beyond the Rare quality, there is Breed ID. Breed ID is what determines a battle pet’s stat points per level – and in which stats those points are most heavily distributed.
Not sure what Breed ID means? Well, here is a good, quick rundown.
Basically, Breed ID means that “well-balanced” pets are actually at a disadvantage, because they gain the least number of stat points per level. The highest number of stat points per level go to very specialized pets – pets with high Health, high Attack Power, or high Attack Speed.
So below, find a list of the battle pets with the type-best Health, Power, and Speed.
Which is best to your style and even your particular fight is up to you, as this is just one way to organize my thoughts on the “best” pets. In no way am I saying these pets are definitely better than other pets. Because, as we all know, I would rather just run all Dragonkin.
I realized that some of the “best” pets are pretty much definitely unavailable to me. So for those (ie. Mini Diablo) find the next best alternative(s).
Oh, and sorry, no links or pictures. I did this on lunch. So maybe I will put them in when I get home.
BiS Pets By Type
Note: This list assumes pets are Rare quality of the Breed ID listed.
- P/P – (358) Emperor Crab
- S/S – (374) Aqua Strider
- H/H – (1969) Emerald Turtle
- P/P – (358) Stunted Shardhorn
- S/S – (390) Cheetah Cub
- H/H – (1888) Clefthoof Runt, Devouring Maggot, Festering Maggot, Maggot
- P/P – (370) Red Cricket
- S/S – (358) Alpine Hare, Arctic Hare, Brown Rabbit, Darkmoon Rabbit, Hare, Mountain Cottontail, Rabbit, Snowshoe Hare, Snowshoe Rabbit, Spring Rabbit, Tolai Hare, Tolai Hare Pup
- H/H – (1969) Scooter the Snail, Shimmershell Snail
- P/P – (358) Lil’ Deathwing –OR NEXT DOWN– (341) Emerald Proto-Whelp, Infinite Whelpling, Nether Faerie Dragon, Nexus Whelpling, Spawn of Onyxia, Thundering Serpent Hatchling
- S/S – (358) Silver Dragonhawk Hatchling?
- H/H – (1806) Blue Dragonhawk Hatchling?
- P/P – (374) Lil’ Ragnaros
- S/S – (390) Sapphire Cub
- H/H – (1969) Pebble
- P/P – (341) Imperial Eagle Chick, Nether Ray Fry, Wildhammer Gryphon Hatchling, Yellow Moth
- S/S – (358) Polly, Silky Moth, White Tickbird Hatchling
- H/H – (1888) Tiny Sporebat
- P/P – (341) Kun-Lai Runt
- S/S – (325) Flayer Youngling, Hopling, Peddlefeet, Sporeling Sprout
- H/H – (1725) Anubisath Idol, Flayer Youngling, Sporeling Sprout
- P/P – (358) Mini Diablo –OR NEXT DOWN– (341) Twilight Fiendling
- S/S – (390) Zergling –OR NEXT DOWN– (358) Nordrassil Wisp
- H/H – (1806) Jade Oozeling
- P/P – (325) Warbot –OR NEXT DOWN– (322) Fluxfire Feline, Landros Lil’ XT, Lil’ XT
- S/S – (341) Cogblade Raptor
- H/H – (1888) Anodized Robo Cub
- P/P – (309) Sen’jin Fetish
- S/S – (325) Mr. Bigglesworth
- H/H – (1888) Infested Bear Cub, Spirit Crab
Final Note: I have to look into the Dragonhawk Hatchlings. I am confused as to how there can be multiple Breed IDs, when they are purchased from a vendor? Perhaps I will fly out and buy six of one to check? I will get back to you on that one.